It’s been a LONG time, so thanks for sticking around! Since Covid hit, I switched to purely online classes, and have been blessed till it hurts in regards to class load as parents looked for activities for their kids while being safe at home. A few of those months I didn’t have a single day off. It was exhausting, but I’m good. Thank you!
I have several announcements! My booking system is now upgraded and is way better! I’m also finally implementing a few class policies. There’s an important newsletter mailing list update too. Much of this will streamline a LOT of processes I do on the back end.
NEW BOOKING PLUGIN
1) You can now see exactly what dates/time slots are available so you can pick what works for your schedule! Also, the date/time picker shows your time zone to make it easier! (Edit: Didn’t work well, had to remove.)
2) Payment is now built into the same form! No more being forwarded elsewhere. The form still uses SQUARE like the old system, so the back end didn’t change.
3) This form can now email you reminders for class a couple of hours before each session.
4) You can now easily schedule group classes, whether for your kid and their
friends, or for a corporate event!
NEW CLASS POLICIES
I also need to implement these because how I handled it before was a huge time drain.
1) REMINDERS: Because of the reminder system built into the booking form, I will no longer send any other emails/texts to remind you that class has started. PLEASE add the dates/times you picked to your calendar so you don’t forget! You’ll also receive a confirmation email that lists what you picked. (Remember to whitelist classes@toddtevlin&$46;com so my emails don’t go into your spam folder.)
2) PLEASE BE ON TIME FOR CLASS: If you’re running late for a session, please email me and let me know, otherwise I will wait 10 minutes before closing the session down. See below for rescheduling. If late, we will still end at the scheduled time as I often have other classes immediately after.
3) RESCHEDULING: If you need to reschedule a session, you must do so no later than 24 hours before your class. I will then work with you on finding a new date/time. If you don’t reschedule before 24 hours, or forget about class entirely, you will be invoiced for an additional makeup session. For my Comic Workshop and Character Design courses, you will be pro-rated for the reschedule. For How To Draw and General Drawing Skills classes, you will be charged a full single class fee.
In the old registration form, I gave people three choices for my newsletter. (Just my art, just my classes, or both.) I had to manually add them into Mailchimp because the form couldn’t, and that ate up time. This new form does it automatically, but at a price. I must get rid of the three flavors and only have one single newsletter because it can’t separate them out.
You will not have to do anything for this change to happen. The vast majority of my mailing list are here for class updates, so I will prioritize those at the top of the newsletter, and art updates at the bottom.
If you aren’t happy with this and want to unsubscribe, I totally understand, but I hope you stick around all the same!
GIRLSCOUT CLASSES – ALMOST ALL ARE ONLINE NOW!
Three of my four Girlscout badges I teach are now available as an online class. The content is exactly the same as the in person version. I’m currently converting my Junior Drawing badge class to an online format. Hopefully it will be ready in 1-2 months. If you’re a Junior or Cadette GS leader, go here to register for either Junior Photography/Drawing (soon), and Cadette Comic Artist/Digital Moviemaking.
WHEN WILL IN PERSON CLASSES HAPPEN AGAIN?
Gooooood question. I can tell you that I am not holding any in person classes for the remainder of 2020. I will reassess in December and let you know what is going on. Hopefully by then things will be more under control when it comes to Covid and we’ll be able to return to it! The last thing I want to do is restart too early and end up getting kids sick, or me!