Looking for unique art classes for your child but don’t live in the St. Louis, Missouri area to attend? If so, you are in luck! Using the power of this new fangled thing called the “in-ter-net”, I can teach live private classes with your child (max 2 at one time) using webcams and Google Hangouts.
These classes are 100% created by me, you won’t find these anywhere else! The REGISTRATION FORM is at the bottom of this page along with an FAQ!
Junior Kids Comic Workshop – Ages 6-7 (2 classes at 45 mins each – $40)
Beginner Kids Comic Workshop – Ages 8-11 (4* classes at 45 mins each – $80)
Advanced Kids Comic Workshop – Ages 12+ (4* classes at 45 mins each – $100)
Character Design – Ages 9+ (3 classes at 45 mins each – $60)
(NOTE: Currently not teaching any of my HOW TO DRAW classes for online.)
*=Four instructional classes PLUS one 15min consultation follow up to review comics made.
Prices listed are for the full course.
HOW DOES THIS WORK?
1) REGISTRATION is below. On submit you will be taken to payment page on this site. Payment must be made before first day of class.
2) You have total control when class happens! Class can be once a week, back to back in same day or one class a day for several days in a row. (Please note that younger kids typically are unable to have back to back classes in the same day.)
3) I can teach during weekdays or weekends, day (perfect for HOMESCHOOLERS!) or evening. My schedule is quite flexible!
4) I will provide a link to connect to Google Hangouts day of class. You do not need an account to use this!
REQUIREMENTS TO HOLD CLASS
1) A device preferably larger than a cell phone as your child needs to see what I’m drawing. Having a camera on it will allow me to see your child’s work and give advice. A mount to allow your device to shoot straight down at your child’s papers would also be great, but is not required.
2) High speed internet is a must.
3) You must live in the United States and child must speak English. (Sorry, that’s all I know!)
4) You provide paper and pencils and any other materials. I will let you know what is needed after registration. I will also provide PDFs to print before each class, that way we have the same worksheets on both ends.
Using the power of this new fangled thing called, “the internet”, my online classes are effectively a live video phone call with your child. I use Google Hangouts and a high speed connection, and with the help of a video switcher program, I have two cameras on my system that I show. One camera is facing down at my desk so your child can see what I’m drawing, and the other one aimed at me for back and forth conversations.
What you need to have for online classes with me and your child:
1) A device like a laptop, desktop, or tablet that has a webcam attached to it. This way I can see your child and their artwork so I can offer advice with what they are drawing. Mobile phones do not work for this as they are too small and your child won’t be able to see what I’m teaching.
2) High speed internet is a must.
Ideally you want to be somewhere where the internet is reliable and is in a quiet room. This won’t work if you are in a public place that is noisy and has a sketchy internet connection.
Yes, sometimes there will be homework depending on what the class is. This is due to these online classes being condensed down from their “in person” versions. I cut out several things that wouldn’t work in an online setting, so unfortunately that means sometimes your child will have to do some things on their own before the next class.
Please feel free to CONTACT ME with any questions or concerns you have about my online classes!